Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The books we knew we would read.

I was telling Ish and Brooke( a new co-worker.. actually the one I got the job of instead, but the company I work for is cool enough and growing enough that she is training to open her center somewhere else!) about 7th grade and reading the readers digest version of Jean ValJean meeting the Bishop at the beginning of the story (well what could be considered the beginning. the set up for the story is huge and with good reason!)

I didn't care if we only got a half an idea of the story, I didn't care that it belongs to a novel so thick you could kill someone with it, I KNEW I was going to read that book some day. Period. There was no way I could read just a tiny bit about the Bishop and what a good man he was and NOT read the outcome of his actions.

Tanya mentinoed being very excited for her newest Lynn Kurland novel. Since I found Lynn's books at a grocery store near me( I thought I had sworn off of romance!) she has been a new addiction for at least Tanya and myself.

I know that Cindy LOVE reading Danielle Steele or she used to.

What other books did you just KNOW you were going to read no matter what?

here are some I have in the last year
1. The DaVinci Code
2. Memoirs of a Geisha
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. One more try at "Lord of the Rings
5 All the Harry Pooter books ONE more time, but I knew I would read that last one as soon as I could lay my hands on it.
6 The Chronicles of Narnia for about the 100th time

4 comments:

  1. Of course, Katherine Kurtz and her deryni books.
    The Little House Books
    The same as your list for the most part.
    The Screwtape Letters
    Mere Christianity
    Madeliene Brent
    Indian Captive
    The Work and the Glory Series
    Harry Potter
    On my list for the year... Bleak House by Charles Dickens
    Pride and Prejudice
    Persuasion
    Any others, lots I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello alll,

    Yes I am alive, I think...
    I like to read Mary Higgins Clark, Danielle Steele and mystery novels.

    I read to cope you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't honestly say I knew I was gonna read a book someday or not lol... If it captures my attention and I have the time, it gets read... I've been reading the Sword of Truth Series and of course as everybody mentioned the Harry Potter Series, I really enjoyed the DaVinci Code and even Stephen King's The Stand...though one of my favorites is called Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, it's a quick short read, but a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes those short reads can be very fun can't they!

    ReplyDelete