Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol review

I thought I would give my first impression of each contestant tonight. All of this I jotted down before the judges comments, for the most part. Keep in mind I really don't know any of the songs that were sung except for one or two.

Anoop- I thought he was off key, if he wants to sing R+B it really doesn't work for me. I'm finding him rather boring.

Megan- I thought she was okay, a bit off key. I really like her voice and wish she would sing some Jazz and blues, if she put out a record that is the style I think suits her the best. I would like to her her falsetto more because I really love it when she puts it in her vocals. It seems to make her voice quaility pop.

Danny, I liked. Can't say more than that.

Allison was so, so for me. Hated the Outfit. My problem is I'm not into the rock music, but I do recognize that is what her voice is suited for. I really hear Blondie type music coming from her.

Scott, I like Scott but I feel like I'm listening to a wedding singer every week. Honestly it was not my favorite of the night and would have him in my bottom three picks for sure.

Matt- Off key at first. I like Megan the song was redundant in lyrics.

Lil- I like her, and thought the song was a sweet one for her showing her soft side.

Adam, no doubt about it that he is amazing. I don't care for Rock music so I would never buy one of his albums. I like the fact that he has changed his looks for the performances, he is much easier to look at, and he really doesn't need the funky style to show who and what he is.
I do like that he complimented the band on the arrangement, classy.

Kris, this was my favorite of the night. The same that Adam was my favorite last week. If he had an album full of that, I would by it.

My top three as far as talent

Kris
Adam
Danny

My top three favorites
Kris
Danny
Lil

My bottom three

Anoop
Megan (and I really like her!)
Scott

I can't decide who should go, for me it would be Anoop or Scott. I would like to hear more from Megan because she is so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment