Saturday, February 18, 2006

Is it just me?

Or are movie audiences ruder this year than last year?

Marlei and I haven't hit a movie as of late where people won't shut up around you, and last night just because I had a craving to listen to the Lion one more time, we took the Snobaybe to watch "The Chronicles of Narnia", and even with the cell phone warning, the turkey in the loud obnoxious group just behind us, just had to take a call and sit there calmly having a conversation behind us.

Oooo. and I HATE the audiences for Marlei's choir concerts. I have to control myself from going up front, going to the mic, and asking "What part of being polite, respectful and on time do you all just think you are exempt from!" Okay you ARE getting me at one of my most self-righteous, BLUE moments, but gee whiz, is it really that taxing to ARRIVE ON TIME, KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT, and BE RESPECTFUL of other audience members behind you?

Sorry for blowing steam here. I will get off the soap box now! I promise to find something lighthearted and fun for later, even if it is just posting my recipes for my chicken artichoke casserole and pumpkin pudding.......

1 comment:

  1. You know,
    I had a comment here and once again it went the way of the www., wouldnt' you know it.
    I was saying that when Michael and I went the other night, there were two ladies there that brought their babies, (luckily they were good), but I remember thinking, that here we spend x amount of dollars to have time away from my babies to enjoy a movie, and someone brings their babies because they won't find a babysitter. Now I know somepeople can't afford it, but I figure if you are going to the later shows, you probably can, or else you would be doing matinee's like Michael and I. What really got me was the one mother sat close to the end of the row, near the entrance so she could get out with little disturbance to the audience, the other sat also on an end of a row, but way on the other side, so if she had to get up with the baby, she would have to walk all the way around and in front of everyone and disturb people as she left. That is what really botherd me the most, that in bringing her baby that could disturb the movie with screaming and crying, she would also disturb people in needing to move.
    Yes I think we are getting ruder in society, but I remember mom and dad mentioning that people did not teach their children concert ettiquette anymore. I think it is really starting to show in this me first and only society.

    ReplyDelete