Thursday, March 16, 2006

For Tigersue

Just so you know I refrained from publishing a comment on that site, that seems to be up for bat for K., but if I had this is what I wanted to say, or at least a portion... I suppose I shouldn't let it bother me, but it really does that some people refuse to really "learn" anymore and do research and really attempt to become intelligent or understand why things work certain ways for certain people instead of bashing what they do not understand.

I am glad that you recognized the LC diet as a good option for those with these issues, but in a logical sense, why would it be ok for just those people and not others, or thereby be against the word of wisdom and wouldn't those with these issues still be expected to adhere to the word of wisdom? I would be interested in knowing why you feel that it would be against the word of wisdom, because IMHO I don't feel that it is. I'm thinking that maybe you should read up on the LC diet a little bit more, it's not truely about eating tons and tons of protein, but more or less not using CARBS to fill up on, which as I recall would be against the word of wisdom as well, because the word of wisdom is about balance and limits. It's more about balancing everything you eat. People tend to repeat for rote what the fda says is right, just because that's what they think works, (kinda like how the world used to be considered flat???)and not because they truely understand what goes on in your body from a physiological standpoint, I'm not attacking you directly, I just feel that society should be a bit more open minded and learn how to use their brains to really think and figure things out and do real research, and see things from ALL standpoints intellectually. I don't myself believe Atkins is a correct way to do things, it's too extreme, but there are others that are good... check out dr schawarzbein's book it might give you a better insight to why this actually works. And won't kill your body like your father assumes. Trust me... at one point I felt the same, but being a biology major forced me to look at it chemically and physiologically rather than just from an emotional standpoint, I guess my real point is people should find what works for themselves and not worry so much about what other people do to "diet", it's their life and they can do what they want, just accept them and love them, if it works great! If not oh well...

5 comments:

  1. thankyou sweety. Atkins and Dr. Bernstein are the most restrictive, Bernstein the most. The one thing I learned through all this is what is balance really? Is it what we see on our plates, or the chemical process going on inside the body. That is why somethings work for some people and other for others. Why some need the Atkins and Bernsteins of the World, and Why Schwarzbein or Life with out Bread works. It sure has been an interesting journey for all of us. I'm glad I had the nutrtion classes I did, and the ability to recognize dietary truth because of that. At least once I was smacked in the face with it, so to speak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't visit Kimberly's blog anymore. So she can think and spout off all she wants. This has nothing to do with her at all. In fact this last post was because a friend asked me some questions last night so I started to look at my books again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured as much... I just notice it with a lot of people, I get the "querky" looks when I tell them my dad and sister follow the LC... (I also know how irritating it can be to have somebody who won't let things drop.) and it's because they don't understand or somebody else has told them it is bad so they refuse to go look and find out what works and why things work for themselves... Guess we got lucky that our dad taught us how to think and reason things out and look at the whole picture and not just to be followers in society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snobabye that was wonderful,however I do have to point out that Bernstein is far more radical than atkins.

    Everyone thinks of the 2 weeks induction as what Atkins is. It isn't. It is only the place to start. After induction you slowly add in carbs in a very slow methodical way, to get the optimum balance for yourself. You decide these things based on goals.

    Let me just repeat: The be all and end all of Atkins is NOT the two weeks induction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I just mentioned Atkins, because it's the one that all the uninformed seem to know about. So if figure they would relate more, if something was mentioned that they thought they understood.

    ReplyDelete