Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Snobaybe

Is here at my house, and has kindly told her older sisters that she is going to decorate our page and has actually thought ( tiger will love this!) that perhaps the Disney princesses might be a good theme.

This thrills me because when I was little I loved Princess Aurora best along with Tiger, but I always felt that she should be able to enjoy that love as "hers', but really had no where else to land for a favorite. (I know silly, but if you knew family dynamics you might not think so!) Well Disney came to our rescuse and gave us Belle, which of course was perfect because I had my nose stuck in books for so long it is no wonder I am almost completely blind now!

So we can each have a princess and life is good!

I also told my snobaybe that she better start boucing music choices off of us in here, because Tiger and I love to spread our wings, but don't always know where to head with the new stuff, but hey.. if you need to know a classical piece, if we don't know it something is wrong with the world!

So here is My movie review: My daughter and I went to see The Memoirs of a Geisha and I really liked it. I know at work they talked about the book that was written by some white guy and a movie that was acted by chinese actors, but I don't care. :-)

The story was engrossing, enough for me to want to read the book. And Tiger, remember when we talked about how we both knew that the typical western way of seeing Geisha was wrong, but we didn't know how to put it, especially with you trying to communicate it to Michael? I don't know, you might have gotten it right even before that talk and I missed it, but in case you didn't, the Geisha work to be living breathing works of art. That simple. Now why couldn't I communicate that concept before when I knew it was something along that line? I know we were both of the impression that it could be a life of honor, if even completely a world away from our own.

Anyway for those of you that like a movie where the story and dialogue is the big part, then this will be a movie for you. It can be long for those that don't enjoy that so much, as Marlei felt that way. But hey, on my other blog we have already confirmed that I am indeed a geek or a nerd or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment